Based in the Lausanne area, Switzerland, NewBiologix SA is a technology innovation company developing a proprietary platform for the improved production of viral vectors used in gene therapies.
At NewBiologix we use NGS-based genome characterization to develop an innovative and proprietary bioinformatics platform that will help cell line engineering through different NGS-based technologies involving short reads, long reads and optical mapping allowing for exceptionally in-depth datasets composed of a high-coverage sequence assembly. The combination of these technologies enables the exploration of biological systems at multiple levels, ranging from genomic to epigenetic and transcriptomic.
We are seeking a NGS Laboratory Technician to join our NGS/Bioinformatics team and support the establishment and the set-up of a robust NGS platform.
As NGS Laboratory Technician, you will execute and be responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of the NGS Laboratory, including administrative and technical management of 1 technician, analyses and necessary reagents, and also equipment. You will be responsible for ensuring that the laboratory operation has both the capability and capacity to deliver the NGS services needed by NewBiologix.
In close collaboration with team leaders and others group members, you will execute and analyze a variety of experiments to develop and optimize the NGS platform.
The work includes but is not limited to:
- Various molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, NGS library preparation, NGS sequencing, optical genome imaging
- Drive operational excellence: work closely with the team to continuously improve the quality and productivity of the laboratory
- Record all experiments/data in electronic format
- Participate, in collaboration with scientific experts, in the validation and development of new and advanced techniques
- Learn, understand, test, optimize and troubleshooting of new experimental techniques
- Stock management of reagents and consumables
- Participate in maintaining lab organization, writing and/or revising SOPs
Your profile & skills
- We are inviting applications from enthusiastic and proactive individuals
- Expected BSc/MSc degree in Molecular Biology
- Several years of experience in a Molecular Biology laboratory
- Experience in NGS library preparation for short-read (e.g. Illumina) and/or long-read (e.g. PacBio) sequencing is essential
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with various molecular biology methods, such as nucleic acid isolation, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR and PCR-based techniques
- Organized, thorough and able to prioritize
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Clear vision of the technical and scientific development potential
- An exciting job in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Attractive working conditions
- Continuous training
- State-of-the-art equipment, including three sequencing technologies: Pacific Biosciences, Illumina and Bionano Genomics
- Transportation benefits
To apply, please to send a PDF file containing the cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application and to meeting you!